Well, this secret has been creating excitement for a while now. Masterbuilt and Smoke Hollow have combined to provide a wider selection of cooking products and related accessories. This is exciting news to many chefs in the outdoor cooking industry and means we can expect more great products from them in the future.
Since 1973, Masterbuilt has been known for it’s high-quality, simple-to-use smokers, grills, fryers, and accessories. Their goal has always been to continue expanding their product line to offer only high-quality, innovative cooking products and accessories to their customers.
Smoke Hollow has been around since 2005 providing top quality grills, smokers and accessories as well. Like Masterbuilt, they have always made their customer a priority by providing them with the latest in technology and design for their products.
The Masterbuilt and Smoke Hollow combination creates a solid team that is poised to provide many more years of outdoor cooking equipment and accessories to the consumer.
Who Makes Smoke Hollow Smokers?
The Smoke Hollow smokers have been designed and distributed by Outdoor Leisure Products, Inc. since 2005. Over the years, the company has carved out their own space in the barbeque grill and smoker industry by offering a number of different options in outdoor cooking appliances.
However, Masterbuilt acquired the Smoke Hollow brand from Outdoor Leisure Products in 2017. This acquisition is considered by many people in the industry to be a winning combination for the consumer, and it compliments Masterbuilt’s current product line by offering additional simple-to-use products that help people who want to develop a mastery of the smoking, grilling and frying craft.
Is Smoke Hollow a Good Brand?
Since its inception, the Smoke Hollow brand has continued to grow and expand as it has met the needs of the market it serves. Today, when talking about their experience with the different Smoke Hollow grills and smokers, it is common to hear people use words like: portable, durable, super easy-to-use, amazing value, and impressive results.
Smoke Hollow has a list of different products that include things like tabletop grills, charcoal grills, gas grills, pellet grills, combination grills, electric smokers and propane smokers. Here is a brief description of each one:
- TableTop Grills: These are very portable grills that you can sit on just about any table top. These grills work well when you are camping or when having a small gathering of family and friends at home.
- Charcoal Grills: Many people can remember their parents using a charcoal grill when they were growing up. These grills use charcoal as a fuel source and as many people know, they can be used for almost any kind of grilling and cooking need you have.
- Gas Grills: Gas grills provide more convenience because of the propane or gas used as a heat source. They too can be used for almost any grilling or cooking need you might have.
- Pellet Grills: These grills are a smoker/grill combination that use a wood pellet system that feeds pellets into a firebox to supply the heat source. This type of grill is easier to operate than most people think and it adds a delicious wood-fired flavor to the meat.
- Combination Grills: These grills basically have 2 sides and use a combination of propane and charcoal as fuel for the grill. More and more people are wanting more than just a basic grill. With this grill combo, one side can be used like a typical propane grill and the other side can be used like a charcoal grill with an offset smoker box to provide a little more smoke.
- Electric Smokers: These smokers use electricity as a heat source and are available in several sizes. Smokers cook meat in a smoker box using smoke and lower heat over a longer period of time. Many people like the simplicity and ease of using an electric smoker.
- Propane Smokers: Propane smokers use propane as a heat source and also are available in several sizes. These smokers also use a smoker box to cook meat at a low heat over a long period of time. With propane smokers, you never have to worry about the electricity going out while you are cooking. However, you should always make sure you have plenty of propane. You may even want to have an extra propane tank on hand.
The Smoke Hollow brand has received many favorable review comments over the years from its customers. If you are thinking about buying a smoker, check out our smoke hollow smoker review on the Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow 30 digital electric smoker page to see if it will work for you.
Are Masterbuilt Smokers Any Good?
Masterbuilt has a history of making some of the leading smokers on the market today. The company is passionate about what they do and they continue to crank out award-winning smokers, as well as grills and fryers. As the needs of the customer change, Masterbuilt has an instinctive ability to design and develop products that surpass the needs of their customer.
They are known for their consistent design of simple-to-use products and many enthusiasts all over the world got their start in this craft of smoking by using a Masterbuilt smoker. With the combination of Masterbuilt and Smoke Hollow, enthusiasts can expect that access to these simple-to-use products will only continue to grow and advance.
Most people that buy a Masterbuilt product for the first time, will look to the Masterbuilt family of products for future purchases. There are many reasons people give for this, but some of the more common things you hear are: simple and easy to use, incredible value, perfect for beginner, great smoker, and fantastic results.
While the company has many different styles and models to fit almost any budget, one of the crowd favorites is still the Masterbuilt 30 inch digital electric smoker. It receives high marks from customer reviews and if you’d like to find out more about it, you can head to our Masterbuilt smoker reviews page to find out more.
One of Masterbuilt’s newest product designs is the Gravity Series grill and smoker combination. In this series, there are three different units to choose from and each one redefines the entire smoking and grilling experience by offering the ability to grill, smoke, bake, sear, roast and much more.
What is a Good Beginner Smoker from Masterbuilt and Smoke Hollow?
As mentioned earlier, the 30 inch Masterbuilt electric smoker is a favorite of many people and is a common choice among beginner smokers. The simplistic design of this smoker makes it easy for a beginner to operate and achieve great results the very first time. Most people prefer to begin using an electric smoker. However, if you prefer to use propane then you might want to go over to our page about the Masterbuilt 30 inch propane smoker where you can get more information.
Equally as straightforward for a novice to use is the Smoke Hollow 30 electric smoker. While it offers many of the same features as the Masterbuilt unit, one of the unique and very popular things about the Masterbuilt electric smoker is the patented wood chip loading system.
Like Masterbuilt, Smoke Hollow also offers a propane unit. The Smoke Hollow 30 propane smoker is very comparable to the Masterbuilt propane smoker and could be something to look at if you have a preference for using propane.
The Masterbuilt and Smoke Hollow combination is very significant for the consumer. They not only have the products of innovation and high-quality now, but we believe they will be on the leading edge of expanding that out into the future as they continue to offer the best and widest selection of cooking products to consumers.
While we lean toward the Masterbuilt digital electric smoker for the person that’s just beginning, whether you’re a beginner or you’ve been smoking and grilling food for a long time, we don’t believe you can make a wrong choice with either a Masterbuilt or Smoke Hollow product.
One final note….every person who likes to crank up their smoker or grill for a meal, likes to have a selection of recipes as well. With that in mind, don’t forget to check out our recommendations on the Masterbuilt smoker recipes page.