Masterbuilt smoker reviews can be found just about anywhere you search on the internet. Meanwhile, as more and more people are excited to share their personal experience with the Masterbuilt smoker, it has given the smoker a noteworthy reputation as a market leader.
From the novice to the more experienced cook, more and more people are finding the Masterbuilt electric smoker to be their smokehouse of choice. As a result, you can go out on the internet and find reviews just about anywhere with Amazon containing a large number of favorable comments from customers.
This smoker unit has become a top-rated seller on Amazon, earning a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars, and thousands of customers have been willing to take the time to share their review.
The smoker that seems to be the favorite among people is the Masterbuilt 20070910 as it has many innovative features that make it very user-friendly. It has created a new standard in outdoor cooking as it provides a very convenient alternative to the traditional type of smoker that may require much more effort from people.
With all that people are saying about this product – the ease of use, the incredible results and more – we decided to compile a list from all of the Masterbuilt smoker reviews people have given for this particular smoker.
This is our first time using a smoker so we obviously consider ourselves to be beginners. We will give our personal overall assessment at the end of this article.
Here are some of the things we found that people have said during their review:
List of Things People Like Based on Their Masterbuilt Smoker Reviews
- The purchase is easy on the budget. With a price tag under $300, the purchase price is considered to be excellent for this smoker.
- The smoker was not as hands-on as people thought it might be. Once the meat is loaded and the controls are set, you can walk away and return periodically to add wood chips or check the meat.
- The smoker provides a very steady smoke and maintains a very consistent cooking temperature setting.
- The smoker was easy to assemble and came with good instructions.
- The push-button digital controls are easy to set, use and read.
- The 24-hour timer seems to provide ample time for smoking different types of meat.
- There are 4 chrome smoking racks that provide a large amount of smoking capacity.
- This smoker seemed to use fewer wood chips than people thought. The side-load wood chip tray is very easy and convenient to use when you have to re-load wood chips.
- This smoker does a perfect job of smoking the meats each time. Favorite meats prepared in the smoker tend to be smoked turkey, smoked pulled pork, and smoked baby back ribs. In each of these recipes, the smoking consistency, the tenderness of the meat, and the overall results are amazing.
- The removable water pan, drip pan, and grease tray make clean-up easier when you are finished smoking the meat.
- The smoker comes with some of its own recipes. It is also easy to find other recipes as many people are willing to share their favorites.
List of Things People DO NOT Like Based on Their Masterbuilt Smoker Reviews
- It seems to take more time for the heating element to preheat the smoker than people think it should (about 30 – 45 minutes).
- The smoker does not come with a secondary thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat so you will need to buy your own.
- The smoker only comes with a 90-day warranty. While the smoker seems to be a very solid unit, people have experienced some minor issues from time to time.
What Is Our Overall Assessment of This Smoker?
Overall, we like this smoker and highly recommend it to you, especially if you are a just a beginner to using a smoker.
This smoker lived up to everything that has been said about it. Masterbuilt has certainly designed this unit to be easy enough for anyone to operate and the results we have achieved with the smoked meats have been very impressive. We have not had any issues with our smoker up to this point.
If you are on a little bit tighter budget, then you should strongly consider this smoker. While it is a basic smoker unit, we believe you will be quite pleased.
However, if you are financially able to afford to make a little larger investment into a smoker, you should look at a Masterbuilt smoker that will allow you to take advantage of more features and conveniences.
Something else that you want to think about is the personal preferences you have and where you will be using the smoker. If you have a personal preference for using either electric or propane, then your choice is probably going to be made based upon that preference.
If you don’t have a personal preference and you will always be using the smoker where there is an electrical outlet that you can plug your smoker into (i.e. somewhere like your house), then a Masterbuilt electric smoker will work very well for you.
However, if you want the ability to be able to use the smoker just about anywhere or if an electrical outlet is not available at your predominant smoking location, then we suggest you consider a Masterbuilt propane smoker.
There are occasions when an extension cord may need to be used with your smoker. When this occurs, you must be sure to use an extension cord that is made for use with your smoker and that meets all UL product safety requirements.
This information is based on our experience with this particular smoker and we hope that our experience, along with the reviews you have read about this electric smoker from other people, will help in making the right purchasing decision for you.